BBQ Turkey Q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I tried this bacon thing with my offset smoker and it was AWESOME!!

I used 2 lbs like you said on a 14 lb turkey. The only thing is by the time the 2nd round of bacon was done, so was the turkey, so I didn't have time to brown the outside. That's no big deal because I always carve in the kitchen. It was so moist and tender and delicious. I will definitely do it again. I DID brine it first. After I pulled off all of the bacon I saved it, put it on a cookie sheet and crisped it all up together just before serving the bird. The bacon was a hit worth it's own page. I may do this all over again just for the bacon!!

Thanks for the recipe!! 

PS. I cooked at 250° for 6 hours

2696198f_Thanksgiving2010012.jpg

d5e549f1_Thanksgiving2010031.jpg

fd721421_Thanksgiving2010023.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I pull the second batch of bacon when I have 45 minutes to go, and pan fry it to finish it off.   Glad you like the method.  I had a couple try it here in Colorado yesterday.  They sent me a text to the effect that they may never try a turkey in the oven again
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky