BBQ beef tongue.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tongue and tails are pretty expensive here. Had a butcer tell me that cow has plenty of other cuts in multiples, But only one tail and tongue???

One of my neighbors made the comment in the old days there was little steak by any name at their home. Now all the stuff they did eat is too expensive and they have steak a whole lot more....LOL She said she likes the way its going.

Tongue and tails are pretty expensive here. Had a butcer tell me that cow has plenty of other cuts in multiples, But only one tail and tongue???
Makes sense but the big meat works must be stockpiling plenty.

I paid about $4 a pound or $8 a kg same as pork shoulder ,less 25% for your strong dollar if you are price checking
biggrin.gif
.I haven't had time to do anything with them.

We leave for Japan via Cairns on thursday. We will do the tropical extravaganza with a dear old friend there for 3 days (Barrier Reef etc)then its Japan for ten days.

Apparently there are a lot of chargrill places that do chicken hearts & gizzards ,beef tongue is a big seller as well. I hope to get a few ideas to jazz up my cooking style. I do love the look
drool.gif
of those char grill units that look like a suitcase & sit table top.

Here as the season changes its ox tail,lamb shank & beef cheeks back on the shelves. Its not cold we just pretend
biggrin.gif
.I have lamb shanks for dinner tonight. Wont be any lamb where I am heading. I will probably drop some $ on a knife or 2 & a sharpening stone on a trip to Kyoto.I will need a break from cherry blossoms.

That stuff is high around here too 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky