BBB first timer question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poolecw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
This is my first stab at buckboard bacon. I'm using a 7lb butt. I've applied a packet of the High mountain cure and have wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. It's been in the frig for four days now.

My question is this.... Should I drain off the liquid that is accumulating in the wrap or just let it be?

Thanks

Last edited:
Let it be...That's the curing brine that develops to help the Nitrite and salt get throughout the meat...JJ

Yep leave it in there. You should flip the bag over daily. Give it a little massage when you do.

Are you going to hot smoke or cold smoke the BBB?

If it's just wrapped in saran wrap, I would put it in a zip lock bag before flipping & massaging it.

Al

Yes, it is also in a Ziploc bag.

I plan on following the instructions that came with cure, which is to hot smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky