Basic Egg Noodles

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alx

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Annapolis,Maryland
These are simple.I believe cowgirl did a post once on how to do this,but here is another example.

MIX : 1 cup sifted flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt

2 room temperature eggs beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil

MIX: flour/salt with eggs and olive oil.

May have to add more sifted flour if too sticky for needing.

Need mixture with hands untill stiff.Do not want tacky.

Make a ball and and put in bowl and cover

Let sit/proof 10-15 minutes

I use atlas pasta machine,but can roll to desired thickness.

Cut noodles to size put on a rack and cover with kitchen towel and let dry before boiling.

Atmospheric conditions can effect tackiness.Takes a little practice and then it is very quick and easy.

I boil in salt water till tender and then add to any dish desired.

Thanks for posting the recipe Alex, gonna have to try them on Rivets Recommendation...
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for posting ALX, like I said in your PM, so many things on this site to try and oh so little time.

We use this same basic recipe to teach our 4H kids that you really can make a meal for 6 with less than $5 in ingredients. We make them roll it out by hand too so they know how to do it when away at school with no tools - Thanks for posting

My Grandma made these for years, but only at Thanksgiving. My Mom attempted to duplicate the recipe but hers were never as good, always pale and not as bright and yellow. Years later, Grandma confided in me that she always put in some yellow food coloring to make them pretty. Mom always swore that Grandma had special eggs or something.

I make them now (and yes, with food coloring). Try boiling them in chicken stock for more flavor. Sometimes I will stir in a little chicken or turkey gravy. It keeps them lubed nicely and they won't stick together.

Yot're killing me Alex, I haven't had home made noodles for about 26 years. That's when I got divorced.... but not why I got divorced.

I will definatly try this one for sure Alex. I do thank you for posting it too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky