Bacon is coming...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roller

Smoking Guru
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2010
N.E. Louisiana
3d2a49f1_0831011748.jpg
Got a couple of these nice fresh belly`s today. One was 12lbs and the other was 13 lbs at 1.99LB skin on...will freeze one and start curing the other tomorrow...to be continued......

220bd5ec_0831011752.jpg

Last edited:
popcorn.gif
..............wish we could get belly here.........I'm watching all these belly bacon threads in the hopes belly will come to Omak............I'll be prepared for sure.......

Last edited:
They look nice from what I can see in the pics.  Around here that would be a good price.

Can't wait to see you finish up!

Good luck and good smoking.

Omak I have been trying to get Belly`s around here for over a year. A friend of mine told me about a guy in a very small town about 18 miles from me that made custom sausage that I did not know about so I contacted him and he was able to order it for me and he told me anytime I needed any to just call him...You might try some of these small guys around the back roads...

popcorn.gif
..............wish we could get belly here.........I'm watching all these belly bacon threads in the hopes belly will come to Omak............I'll be prepared for sure.......

We have the same situation here Dave, no butcher shop in this county.

I think the only way I can get them is to drive at least 1 hour away & buy a full case.

I have a pork belly in the freezer but not doing anything with it until I read up a bit and see how this is done.

We have the same situation here Dave, no butcher shop in this county.

I think the only way I can get them is to drive at least 1 hour away & buy a full case.

Have you checked with Publix? They will bring in whole hog so I'm thinking they would bring in some pork belly if requested. I know some store, depending on the demographics of the neighborhood, carry fatback and such.

1b2b3ee0_0902011032.jpg
Put the TQ on this morning...see you in 9 or so days..The only thing thats going to be on this bacon is smoke.

Well its been longer than 9 days but no problem...This is all loaded up with Hickory and Cherry pellets ready for the bacon. The smoker is holding at 89*. Guess I am good to go...

f3d5ba1f_downsized_0916011045.jpg

Its been smoking for 8 hours and the pellets are just 1/2 burned...and the temp has not gone over 98*. No added ice or anything...The temp should start dropping back down as the outside temp is starting to drop...
cheers.gif
Fried Catfish, Shrimp and Beer for supper !!!

Last edited:
8 hours on 1/2 the AMNPS?

What pellets are you using?

Good TBS?

Chip Loader In or Out?

Chip Pan In or Out?

Exhaust Open?

Location of AMNPS Inside MES?

Very Cool!

I LOVE When a Plan Comes Together!!

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky