Babyback battle between my pitmaster's... My job is sous chef !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup they look good to me! 
32.gif
  Nice job with everything the whole way around man 
beercheer.gif

So that's what was left of my plate, that was some good eatin....

The voting was tallied & went down to the wire .... And the verdict was in........

2 votes for daughter's ribbies

2 votes for son's ribbies

It was a tie so next weekend there will be a final showdown !! LOL

Thanks for lookin y'all & for the kind remarks ..... This was sure a fun time and my kids are sure havin fun learning about smoking good food !!

Justin

Hey Justin,

What a great looking rib dinner, your kids have every right to be really proud of themselves!  And you too….I'm sure you were itching to get in there to do stuff yourself, but supporting your kids while they learn the ropes will be a precious memory for all of you. 
bravo1.png

Have a great Sunday!

Clarissa

Hey Justin,

What a great looking rib dinner, your kids have every right to be really proud of themselves!  And you too….I'm sure you were itching to get in there to do stuff yourself, but supporting your kids while they learn the ropes will be a precious memory for all of you. :bravo1:

Have a great Sunday!
Clarissa

Thank you Clarissa, it was real good and the kids were really proud.... It sure is fun to watch their little minds working and when they see that they made the dinner.... That's fun to see the smiles & ear to ear grins !! Thanks again & have a nice day !

Take care,

Justin

th_HaHa7_ani.gif
laugh1.gif
That is very funny Foam !! Oh my heck and how ya could hold a straight face while doing that is beyond me....
ROTF.gif

Thanks Foam,

Justin
It was more fun looking out the window the next hour at all the things they were doing on the driveway trying to get it to work again. Every once and a while someone did something so good, I'd just have to go get the remote again from the car and throw 'em a bone.... They neighbors were calling the house wanting to know what was going on, I played stupid, I do that too well. LOL

Great looking smoke. And I bet they ate those ribs up with a smile on their face. They will be telling all their friends now. You've started a movement!

Last edited:
:th_HaHa7_ani: :laugh1: That is very funny Foam !! Oh my heck and how ya could hold a straight face while doing that is beyond me.... :ROTF

Thanks Foam,

Justin

It was more fun looking out the window the next hour at all the things they were doing on the driveway trying to get it to work again. Every once and a while someone did something so good, I'd just have to go get the remote again from the car and throw 'em a bone.... They neighbors were calling the house wanting to know what was going on, I played stupid, I do that too well. LOL

Great looking smoke. And I bet they ate those ribs up with a smile on their face. They will be telling all their friends now. You've started a movement!

Too funny Foam !! Thanks again for the kind words and yes... It was ear to ear grins when they seen what they had smoked and they sure did a great job ! I was real proud of them !

Take care,

Justin

bravo1.png
 Justin, you Sir are "Dad of the Year" in two young'uns eyes!!!!  You made a life-shaping memory with them that will last a lifetime.  My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story, seeing the pics, and reliving similar experiences with our now grown kids, who both love to cook.  I wonder who's smiles were biggest?  Yours, your wife's, or the kids?     

bravo1.png

Justin, you Sir are "Dad of the Year" in two young'uns eyes!!!!  You made a life-shaping memory with them that will last a lifetime.  My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story, seeing the pics, and reliving similar experiences with our now grown kids, who both love to cook.  I wonder who's smiles were biggest?  Yours, your wife's, or the kids?     

Thanks Noboundaries, I really appreciate the kind words and glad your wife & yourself enjoyed the thread.... We had a lot of fun and them two are into everything, especially when it comes to the smoker !! They have always enjoyed cooking / smoking food.... Glad it brought back some great memories for y'all as well !! The kitchen and the smoker are a couple gathering spots in our house for sure !! As far as the smiles they were big on us all but I'd like to think mine was just slightly bigger, LOL... I was real proud of them.... Thank you again for dropping a line and for the kind remarks !!

Take care,

Justin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky