Babyback battle between my pitmaster's... My job is sous chef !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You did remember to explain about holding your tongue in your mouth the entire time the ribs are cooking, and its either the left side or the right side, I can't remember which but that's what makes the best ribs. Its all about tongue position. You have to roll your tongue and hold it on the left side... I am pretty sure.

Yeah Foam, I tried..... But ya know how kids listen...:laugh1: Trying to get them to learn to bite their tongue (ya know, not literally) But tried to tell them if they are lookin at the Q to HOLD steady on the left side..... and roll it, not retract.... I do thank ya for dropping a line.....

Justin

Hey Justin,

What a fantastic project with your kids!  I just love those pictures with the big bright smiles!!

Your kids BB ribs look great.  Looking forward to seeing the final pics!

Clarissa

Hey, thanks for dropping a line.... Babybacks are great, though have not tried brining them..... May have to look into that !
Well, I have always marinated my ribs, for 24 to 36 hours, then It should be a Saturday evening, where I take the ribs out and pat them dry with paper towels, apply my choice of rub, all home made rub, then wrap tight in plastic wrap and Place in the fridge  I then smoke  them on Sunday.

Now this past summer, in our town, we had our Rib Festival.  Me and the Misses went on Saturday, I had already planned for ribs on Sunday and some marinating at that time.  The next day, My neighbour went to Rib Fest, while I smoked my ribs.  When he got back, he brought over some Bacon for me to smoke and when I returned it I also took over some of my ribs.  Later that week, he told me, my ribs were better than anything they had offered at the Rib Fest.

Justin you have no idea the fun I had with the neighborhood kids the weekend I got my first garage door opener!

It fit in my pants pocket. Can you imagine all the things they could do to make the magic door open? Just that kinda guy....LOL

These are looking good and I love you are cooking with your kids. My fondest memories are doing things with my Dad. They are going to love this, you are going to get great food, and your family is working together. What a great project.

Disco

Thanks a bunch Disco !! Yeah, my little pitmaster's have it goin on..... LOL !! Seriously though, I really appreciate your kind remarks & your recollection of the memories with your Dad, that's just the best !! I hope they do remember as you and I, the memories of cookin (smokin) and always look back as fun memories... I sure know I will .... They grow up too dang fast !!

Take care,

Justin

Very cool Justin!  I can't think of anything any better than spending the day with your kids around the smoker!  Here's hoping those ribs turn out the best ever!  :thumb1:

Red

Thanks Red, I appreciate ya dropping a line.... And you are correct Sir, nothin like gathering around the smoker for sure !! They were actually the best "ribbies" as my pitmaster's call them !! Thanks again for chiming in....

Justin

More Q view coming tomorrow all to show the rest, just been a long day & need a little shut eye.... Be back in the morning, good evening all !!

Just got back around - count me in 
banana_smiley.gif

Hey Justin,

What a fantastic project with your kids!  I just love those pictures with the big bright smiles!!

Your kids BB ribs look great.  Looking forward to seeing the final pics!
Clarissa

Thanks so much Clarissa, I really appreciate ya dropping a line !! They had fun and were very proud, not as proud as I was of them though... They can smoke some good "ribbies" as they call them !! Thanks again !

Take care,

Justin

Hey, thanks for dropping a line.... Babybacks are great, though have not tried brining them..... May have to look into that !
Well, I have always marinated my ribs, for 24 to 36 hours, then It should be a Saturday evening, where I take the ribs out and pat them dry with paper towels, apply my choice of rub, all home made rub, then wrap tight in plastic wrap and Place in the fridge  I then smoke  them on Sunday.

Now this past summer, in our town, we had our Rib Festival.  Me and the Misses went on Saturday, I had already planned for ribs on Sunday and some marinating at that time.  The next day, My neighbour went to Rib Fest, while I smoked my ribs.  When he got back, he brought over some Bacon for me to smoke and when I returned it I also took over some of my ribs.  Later that week, he told me, my ribs were better than anything they had offered at the Rib Fest.

Nice, sounds like ya can make a mean rack of ribs, LOL ! Thanks !

Justin

Justin you have no idea the fun I had with the neighborhood kids the weekend I got my first garage door opener!

It fit in my pants pocket. Can you imagine all the things they could do to make the magic door open? Just that kinda guy....LOL

:th_HaHa7_ani: :laugh1: That is very funny Foam !! Oh my heck and how ya could hold a straight face while doing that is beyond me.... :ROTF

Thanks Foam,

Justin

Last edited:
Justin your family has some good looking ribs so far. I can't wait to see them out of the smoker.

Thanks Woodcutter, I appreciate the kind remarks.... Was kind of a late nite so finished pics coming real soon !!

Thanks,

Justin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky