Babyback battle between my pitmaster's... My job is sous chef !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would not want to be the judge on this cook off.Both ribs are looking very good.I loved cooking with my kids.Have fun

Dan 

I am in.    Lookin good so far.

They will love cooking their own food.

I am doing some baby backs this weekend also.  Put mine in brine last night, my neighbour, about 3 pm today sent me and his girlfriend out to get 2 pkgs for him. I put his in the brine I had mine, took mine out and dusted with rub, wrapped in plastic and set in the fridge.  His ribs, at about 9 AM Sunday, I will remove from the brine, apply rub and smoke them all.  I know his are not done right, but hey, that is the way the ball rolls!

You did remember to explain about holding your tongue in your mouth the entire time the ribs are cooking, and its either the left side or the right side, I can't remember which but that's what makes the best ribs. Its all about tongue position. You have to roll your tongue and hold it on the left side... I am pretty sure.

These are looking good and I love you are cooking with your kids. My fondest memories are doing things with my Dad. They are going to love this, you are going to get great food, and your family is working together. What a great project.

Disco

Great job on getting the kids involved!  Another generation coming up to continue the tradition.

Good luck and good smoking.

Thank ya Venture, I love to cook (smoke) with my kids... and they want to help EVERY time !! I feel lucky that they wanna be right in the middle of everything.... And true point, passing along smoking good food to the next generation.... Thanks for dropping a line, it's appreciated !

Justin

I would not want to be the judge on this cook off.Both ribs are looking very good.I loved cooking with my kids.Have fun

Dan 

Thank you Dan for the kind remarks.... I will be very cautious in judging these ribs, I think both look good ! LOL. I have a blast smoking with these two, they really are a couple of fun kids !

Justin

I am in.    Lookin good so far.

They will love cooking their own food.

Thanks cf, they are a kick in the pants to smoke with !! And good point on cookin their own food, ya just don't know what ya miss with cookin (smokin) your own food.... beats down the store bought stuff any day and the bond ya get with smokin with your kids is somethin that hopefully will stay with them forever!

Looks like some good seasoning.

Thanks cf, honestly this rub is just somethin we threw together last minute.... So we'll see how it turns out... Had a taste before putting on the ribs and there was just a little heat & a hint of sweet..... The pitmaster's did approve it however ! LOL

Very cool Justin!  I can't think of anything any better than spending the day with your kids around the smoker!  Here's hoping those ribs turn out the best ever!  
thumb1.gif

Red

I am doing some baby backs this weekend also.  Put mine in brine last night, my neighbour, about 3 pm today sent me and his girlfriend out to get 2 pkgs for him. I put his in the brine I had mine, took mine out and dusted with rub, wrapped in plastic and set in the fridge.  His ribs, at about 9 AM Sunday, I will remove from the brine, apply rub and smoke them all.  I know his are not done right, but hey, that is the way the ball rolls!

Hey, thanks for dropping a line.... Babybacks are great, though have not tried brining them..... May have to look into that !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky