Baby Backs - Texas Style (Dry Rib)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey-mikey

Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
Covina, CA
This weekend, I didn't have much to do Saturday, so I fired up the old ECB and threw on some baby backs. I am not a big fan of too spicy or too sweet, I'd rather taste the meat.... And so, for rub I simply used: salt, pepper, and paprika (tiny bit of garlic & onion powder)..similar to a Texas style rub...
IMG_3657.JPG The Modded ECB at work... $30 has never treated me so good!

IMG_3652.JPG Rubbed down and ready to go...

IMG_3661.JPG Just put them on the smoker using the 3-2-1 recipe.. (however, I used a 2.5-2-.5 since these were a bit smaller than spares)

IMG_3664.JPG Here they are at 2.5 hours in, about to be wrapped up in foil (with a bit of apple juice to help tenderize)

IMG_3665.JPG After 2 hours of being wrapped, time to unwrap...

IMG_3666.JPG Here they are about 30 mins after being unwrapped... I chose a dry rib and did not sauce any of them.

IMG_3669.JPG IMG_3668.JPG Came out great... I might need to tone down the salt next time (a sauce might have fixed this issue), but other than that, everyone loved them.

Loooooking good from my vantage point.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky