Applewood spice spatchcock chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lifted smoke

Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Winnipeg Canada

First time smoking spatchcocked chicken. Have only done peices of the bird so I'm excited to see how the whole thing turns out! Put on a rub of a mix of applewood spice from a local farmers market and some extra salt pepper and sugar, rub went on under the skin and a bit on top as well! Will post more pics later

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Chicken turned out excellent! The one on the left of the smoker was glazed with honey mustard sauce and the one on the right was glazed with maple chipotle. Sorry one chicken is left out of the finished pic but my family was starving so I had to get to cutting it up. I flipped two legs over and crisped up the skin a bit but the sauce started burning pretty quick so I pulled them but all in all everything turned out excellent!

Reactions: lancep and SmokinAl
Wonder why it's not just called butterflied whole chicken? I been doing it cut like that forever, just take the back off and it's butterflied open. We always said butterflied or whatever.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! the feedback is greatly appreciated! My family says everything I smoke is good so I can't trust them anymore hahaha, I feed stuff to my friends if I want real feedback nowadays

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky