Anything Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
DS, Have you ever heard any of the following quotes?

"Don't you ever throw anything away?"
"I didn't know you wanted to keep it."
"What are you going to do with that"
"What is that?"
"You find a place for it"
"I don't use it, you find it"

Just wondering, I have your back.

Tom

Tom I get the "Now what are you making" all the time! The other one I get quite often, " that better not be another smoker"...

What is the burger to fat ratio on them BigD? I love goose!

Never thought about smoking burgers before, I make plenty from goose breasts and wood pigeon breasts, I'll have to give it a try. I used to make sausages out of the pigeons and geese buts when I got a burger press that was the end of the sausages. I must be doing something right as I get asked for any "spare " burgers by friends and family.

These are chilli, cheese and pickle goose burgers.

Thanks
Dave 

Hi Mike

I used 65% goose to 35% belly pork. I find this a good ratio that doesn't hide the goose flavour as, like you I love goose.  I also use this ratio with wood pigeon which make a lovely sausage. I was asked to make some with less fat as a healthy option but they were too dry and crumbly for my liking.

Dave

Reactions: mike w
Nice looking burgers. I make my own buns easy and fast to make for the burgers I normally use Angus beef and stick a lump of cheese sandwiched in the middle with a seasoning of salt pepper garlic powder Worcester sauce and some hot sauce. Next time I make them I'll take a pic

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky