Another newbie with another brisket question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghostmonkey

Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Hey all -
So I've smoked a few briskets in my past, but it was in my early days of smoking meat so I just kind of put a rub on my meat, threw it on the smoker, did a Hail Mary, and hoped for the best.

Now I'm having my whole extended family over for Christmas, and I've spent hours researching how best to smoke a brisket.
The one thing I can't find an answer to - instead of letting the meat rest in an empty cooler, could I rest it in the fridge?
Maybe this is a really stupid question, but I'm just hoping that would be okay so that I can smoke the meat overnight, then let it rest in the fridge all day while I worked on the rest of the meal (and drinking...).

Plan your smoke to have the brisket at 190-195 about 4 hours before you eat. Foil it and place in the cooler. When you're ready to eat take it out, slice and serve. Over that 4 hour period it should sneak up to 205 or so. Perfect. If you put in the fridge, you'll have to reheat it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky