Another Brisket and Rib Story

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
ANOTHER BRISKET AND RIB STORY
A friend of mine called the other day and asked If I would smoke a couple of Briskets for his Dads Birthday. Of course I said sure. Then My wife said would you smoke a couple of racks of Rib's For her Boss's Birthday, Sure no problem, Then #2 son said He would like some Ribs and Beans, My wife said boy that sounds good,  Do some for us too.

So here we go.

Decided to get up at 4:00 AM to get things kicked off. I woke up ,glanced at the clock, thought it said  3:50 AM so I went ahead and got up. Turned on the Coffee, Fired up my Smoker. Started pulling the Briskets out of the Cooler and glanced at the clock, What the **** it said 3:05 AM, could have another hour of sleep. Briskets went on at 3:30 AM and I'm drinking coffee and sitting in my recliner starring out the back door into the dark.

Briskets seasoned with Black Pepper and Salt

Bacon, Onions and Jalapeno's getting tender

A bunch of Pork & Beans

Decided to go with some Pineapple (From Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans)

Everything in the pan

Added the rest of the stuff  and Ready for the Smoker

Briskets 5 hours in

Pulled Briskets after 7 hours and wrapped in butcher paper

Back on the smoker for a bit, then finished in the oven so I could get the Ribs going

2 Spares, 2 St. Louis 1 Baby Back

Oh Yeah had to have some fresh BBQ sauce

Ribs getting Happy, Happy, Happy

I'm sorry I didn't get any Finished Brisket Pics, They were picked up and gone before 

I realized I didn't get any pics.

Here is Our Ribs and what's left of the beans, # 2 son picked his up and my Wife took

her Boss's ribs and beans to them

My Buddy called and said OMG those Briskets were Fantastic, then the Wife Boss 

called and said those were the best ribs he had ever had (Maybe he doesn't eat a 

lot of ribs) It all seemed about average to me, but I guess I'm pretty used to it.

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed, May be napping later

Gary

Last edited:
Ahhhh, what a GREAT way to start the day!  Thanks for the pics and story Gary. 
points1.png

Thank you my Left Coast Friend

Gary

Thanks Al, you getting back to normal ?

Gary

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Great multi cook as usual Gary. The ribs and beans look perfect, and there's not a doubt in my mind the briskets were delicious.

I've never added pineapple to beens. Git a feeling my next batch will include some though.

As far as the ribs go my friend, your "average" is a lot of people's "fantastic". LOL.

POINT

Gary

Great multi cook as usual Gary. The ribs and beans look perfect, and there's not a doubt in my mind the briskets were delicious.

I've never added pineapple to beens. Git a feeling my next batch will include some though.

As far as the ribs go my friend, your "average" is a lot of people's "fantastic". LOL.

POINT

Gary
I love "Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans" My bunch Like my beans so I just added a can of Pineapple to Compromise.

My Wife even said she Loved the Pineapple in the beans.

Thanks for the complement , I guess I've just cooked so many Briskets and Ribs it's no big deal. Everybody seems to enjoy them.

Take care my friend

Gary

OMG---Fantastic, as Always!!
drool.gif
---
points.gif

When it comes to Brisket & Ribs, My Fantastic is your Average!!!
drool.gif

Awesome!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Thanks Bear and for the points. Swap you Brisker for Prime Rib anytime

Gary

I'm waiting for another ECB smoke from you.. lol
Very cool.. looks to good to not make my stomach growl..
points1.png
Thank you , I'll try to do one in the near future, 

Gary

That would be great, hey there is a house and 50 acres for sale right down the road from me ???

Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
Nice smoke!
I have added apple or peach to my beans....both good...now I have to give pineapple a try.

Point worthy smoke for sure.

Nice smoke!
I have added apple or peach to my beans....both good...now I have to give pineapple a try.

Point worthy smoke for sure.
Thank you

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky