Ancho Chile Powder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kelbro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 22, 2009
N. Carolina
One of my favorite Chile powders. Love the poblanos. Problem is the cost. Wow, $8-10 for small bottles.

Remedy: $2 pack of dried anchos + Magic Bullet with spice/flat blade = great fresh ancho powder.

I do the same with chipotle and guajillo peppers. Cheap as they are, it's easy to toss when they start getting a little old.

I love all of those , lucky for me I live in a small town with a heavy Mexican population. Our local Save a lot as well as a small groceria downtown carry all those powdered and bagged.

One of my favorite Chile powders. Love the poblanos. Problem is the cost. Wow, $8-10 for small bottles.

Remedy: $2 pack of dried anchos + Magic Bullet with spice/flat blade = great fresh ancho powder.

I do the same with chipotle and guajillo peppers. Cheap as they are, it's easy to toss when they start getting a little old.
I've got alot of peppers come on this year . Been drying them in the mes some smoke some not . The sweet peppers make a nice powder also , but I do like the poblano . They all make a great mix also . Just wanted to shout out to the magic bullet . Those things are fantastic for grinding spice .

Reactions: jcam222

Yup, definitely an underrated addition to rubs, along with anise seed and allspice...

I look for the dark color when buying the ground, it should be dark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky