amt of brisket per person

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mtyrell

Original poster
May 21, 2012
My husband is going to smoke a brisket for abt 18-20 people.  How big of brisket should he get?

A serving is generally 1/4 to 1/3 lb. per person of finished product, and you lose approx. 30° of the weight between raw and cooked. So you need approx. 6.5-7 lbs. of uncooked brisket minimum. If they are large eaters I would get a 10 lb. brisket just to be safe.

remember that good sides will help too, so choose wisely and whatever size brisket you get will be good if you follow the above suggestions. You will likely not have leftovers as most people gobble it all once they have tasted true smoked brisket!  Post qview please.

John

If you are offering a variety of side items i would agree with the quarter pound per person. i also would set up my buffet line with side items or low ckst items first, proteins last the plates fill up with sides and not enough room for meats. Every chef in the world will agree.Thumbs Up

Welcome ,Mtyrell . All good answers.

Please go by Roll Call and list your location so we can help you better.
biggrin.gif

Have fun here and send Q-view as often as possible .

Have a Happy Holiday and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky