Allied kenoco set at 230 went up to 275

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwencl

Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
http://s1305.photobucket.com/albums/s544/bwencl/?action=view&current=photo_zps323e4cb2.jpgJust finished new fridge smoker. Looks great and it should for the time and $$$ I put into it. I purchased allied kenoco plug and play controller to go with my brinkman element. The first time I test ran I set controller at 150 and checked with separate thermo and I held about 152. Second time I started from cold temp set at 230 deg. When I went out to check I was at 275 right away. Has anyone else experienced this?

Can't wait for tomorrow I have a tenderloin and a pork butt going on for my first run!!!

I have many pics of my smoker and the process just don't know how to get them on here yet?? Thanks so much Ti everyone here for the help on my build

Last edited:
Update on first smoke. I slowly increased temp on allied kenoco controller and was able to control temp better. I had a fire flare up in my dog dish chip pan and temp went up to 350 deg for a min. I think I may need to raise dish? Temps have moved approx. 5-6 deg either way using this control. Any ideas are appreciated.

I have a suspicion (Not based on experience.) that if you made the smoke outside the box and piped it in, you will be able to control the temps much better.

I think hot smoking can best be thought of as 2 processes going on at one time.  First the meat is cooking as it sucks up heat from the surrounding air, and secondly the smoke is soaking into the meat.

By isolating the two, you can be the one in control rather than tossing the outcome to the hands of fate.

Pics?? I did fridge and put amps right in beside my brinkman replacement element does fine do not put above or will burn pellets too fast. What did the plug and play cost you I have one but only goes to 220, I want one that goes higher how high does your go??

Temp goes up to 275 but it runs hot so my 275 setting is about 290. Let me know and I can get model/ make

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky