Alelover's Smokehouse Build from Mostly Free Stuff (Maiden Voyage)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got something cool coming. Got shipped today.
pig.gif

Results. Proof is in the sausage. I would say the smokehouse maiden voyage was a success. The sausage is quite delicious. Served up with some pierogies and a red cabbage, tomato and moz salad.

The Bearview. Click for a close up.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks Mighty Fine to Me, Scott !!!
drool.gif
--------------
points.gif

I could handle a Plate like that right now!!
drool.gif

Bear

Built a variable speed fan today. I think the A-Maze-N needs more air flow when the smoker temp gets higher. I am going to make a couple little tweaks to it so I can also use it for a magnetic stir plate for yeast starters. Here are some pics. As you can see electronics is not my forte.

Made some standoffs for the fan. Drilled holes in the enclosure lid to mount the fan.

Made a knob for the speed control.

About 20 bucks for it.

Here's the test.

That is flipping awesome,,, make me one LOL  
points.gif

Great looking snausages also

A full smoker is a happy smoker - Stay happy 

DS

Last edited:
Thanks DS. Glad you like it. I haven't tested it yet with the A-Maze-N. Maybe on a Tri-Tip this weekend. Making a shelf for it now. That cool thing I got coming is coming from Boise. I was there a few weeks ago. Looks like your quite a ways from there.

Thanks DS. Glad you like it. I haven't tested it yet with the A-Maze-N. Maybe on a Tri-Tip this weekend. Making a shelf for it now. That cool thing I got coming is coming from Boise. I was there a few weeks ago. Looks like your quite a ways from there.
Yep about 4-5hrs North of there,,, I just think that would be the trick for my fridge build,,,

Have you tried the new expanding ampts,,,, I am really liking that in my MES 30 Mailbox mod,,great smoke

Let us know on the self 

DS

Hey Scott... looking at your painted box.. I think you missed a spot .... :biggrin:

really looking good.. waiting to see Miss Piggy mounted.... (that don't sound right)

Been watching this all the way through a great job glad to see its done and worked well.
points1.png
  Super Bowls coming taking orders? That sausage looks great.

Found this at the antique mall.

Perfect for a few utensils.

Had to jack it up to drill a hole.

So I could mount the fan unit.

Fan unit slide off the shelf.

For easy storage.

Can angle it too. Not sure if I'll need to but it may fine tune the air flow somehow by moving it around.

The mounting of the piggy. Used a few strategically placed nails and some RTV.

Ain't she pretty?

Ready for a smoke. Got an .89 cent a pound chicken I will try tomorrow.

Fan unit comes off and gets stored in the bottom.

Reactions: dirtsailor2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky