Advice on reheating pulled pork.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well.. It was a hit!! My buddy at work did the same thing and we fed about about 60 heads!! I foiled and started at 240 deg and worked my way up to 350 over and hours time. I didn't have all the goodies for JJs finishing sauce so I used Soflaquer's recipe.. Really banged it outta the park with that one! That said though when I get a bit more prep time I'm going to try JJs! It really sounds amazing! Can't imagine how it tastes!!

Anyway just want to say thanks for helping a brother out!!

Happy smoking,

Jay

Well.. It was a hit!! My buddy at work did the same thing and we fed about about 60 heads!! I foiled and started at 240 deg and worked my way up to 350 over and hours time. I didn't have all the goodies for JJs finishing sauce so I used Soflaquer's recipe.. Really banged it outta the park with that one! That said though when I get a bit more prep time I'm going to try JJs! It really sounds amazing! Can't imagine how it tastes!!

Anyway just want to say thanks for helping a brother out!!

Happy smoking,

Jay
Nice! did you snap any pictures?

All I can Say is

congratulation_graphics_2.gif

Richie 

points.gif

Reactions: jayxan
OHHHHH! Let me tell you a horror story. My wife's whole family came down for a visit. There were lots of people so they rented a condo. So to welcome the "northers" to the "south" I smoked up some meat. I smoked ribs chicken and two pork shoulders. The family LOVED the Q. The next day they decided to "reheat" the pulled pork. After work I arrived to the condo to a horrible sight. They had taken the pork and dumped it in a pot and then dumped in TWO bottled of KRAFT BBQ sauce. Oh and did I mention that they had it SIMMERING! AHHHHHHHH! The meat was stringy and limp and coated with this sick sweet Kraft sauce.

But you know the worst part. I mean the really bad part, they actually liked it that way. :eek:
Trust me, surfer, all northers aren't like that, but most think of Bar-B-Que as being sauced. I feel your pain, though. I recently made some Boudin for the first time and was so proud of it, I gave some to a co-worker. He called me a couple days later to tell me they made spaghetti with it and it was great!:th_crybaby2:

Great thread and thanks to everyones input.

I have a question, when I reheat PP in either water or a throw away aluminum pan in the oven, how do I measure the meat temp. when it's already pulled? 

I have a question, when I reheat PP in either water or a throw away aluminum pan in the oven, how do I measure the meat temp. when it's already pulled? 
Just stick your therm in the middle of the pork in a few places to get a good idea. It also may be safe and easy enough to just go with a timed sort of reheat.

Just stick your therm in the middle of the pork in a few places to get a good idea. It also may be safe and easy enough to just go with a timed sort of reheat.
Thanks for the reply.

How about the sealed bags in the simmering water? :)

I have reheated pulled pork on my Blackstone griddle. Just mix some of the juice from the cook with the pulled pork and reheat on the BS = fast and easy.

It's already cooked, right? Why worry about the temp? Heat it to where you like to eat it...

140F is necessary so that bacteria don't have a chance to grow. Lot of people shoot for 165F because you never consume it right that second. But you could adjust it depending on if you have to take the food someplace or if you eat it at home with your family etc. But def heat it to above 140F

And what's a ball park on time people find for say a pulled 6 lb butt? 250 for 2 hours? 350 for one?

Thanks

Covered in a foiled pan with or without sauce(I would sauce because it will get a bit dry) for 45-60 minutes at 300°. Check at 30 minutes and then at 15 minute intervals.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky