ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome, Cat!

Even a inexpensive Brinkman Bullet Smoker can get you started. We call them ECB's. Heck, that's where most of us got our 1st taste of smoke.

The obsession on the other hand can be quite powefull if you love to cook and enjoy smoked meat! But, hey, that's why we're here..........to INDULDGE your new obsession!!!!!

wink.gif

Jeff

Well, I've made these in the oven and we LOVE them. But smoked.... :shock:

Now I gotta try these.... :D

They are the Hit of any gathering and can be stuffed with a multitude of items. And you're right..................smoking them makes ALL the difference in the world.

Jeff

Thanks for the link to IDOS Dutch! I've also gotten into dutch oven cooking in the past few years. Unfortunatelly, there arent any local comptitions that I've found locally. Most of the ones I've found have been on the other side of the Appalachains :( ! Facinating subject that eventually led me here :D ! Good luck with your comps. this year!! Daun

hey guys I found a pretty decent deal on a simple grill at target online...can't seem to get them in the local store, but online they call it a chili roasta....and it right now is less then 14 bucks for one that does a dozen......I ordered two myself..... :oops:

Since I heat my cabin primarily with a wood stove my Dutch ovens are in use year round. Don't compete, just cook for my own pleasure and that of my guests.

And as for ABT's, well there are just not enough smoking days to cover all the possible combinations one can concoct to stuff those little delights with!

Anybody got a really strange combination that turned out really good?

Cheers!

Well, Mom was from NY and Dad was from NC so we didn't get much in the way of southern home cooking :oops: . Mom was an awesome cook but I didn't discover the joys of cast iron until I met my hubby and his cornbread skillet-YUM :D ! Haven't look back since :lol: .Daun

So the wife made homemade chicken soup for supper, and I had a hankerin' for an appetizer. So I whipped up some ABT's and fired up the smoker for it's last smoke until my new firebox is mounted.
I stuffed them with cream cheese mixed with a bit of honey and some crumbled fattie from my last big smoke, and topped with the standard bacon.
I ate about a dozen myself and the kids found this batch a little hot for their likin'. The wife is "on a diet" (I guess she gained a pound over the holidays), so unlike the last time I made them, I had some left.
What's the best way to re-heat them?

Gunny, just lay down a couple of layers of paper towels on the carousel, put the ABT's on top and cover with a single sheet of paper towel. If they are at room temp I nuke 'em between 30-45 seconds. If I have pulled them out of the 'fridge, then I'll nuke 'em for a minute and then check 'em again. I'll then nuke 'em for about 5 seconds at a time till they get to the 140* mark.

Jeff........i know this is a old thread.......reviving it.......and you are not around much........but still would like your recipe for your stuffing

TIA

I am planning on making these for NYE and was going to stuff with ground pork sausage and shredded cheese, topped with bacon.

My question is this...should I precook the sausage or can I stuff the pepper raw?

I assume it makes a difference on how long I smoke them too....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky