About to become a smoker...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squid

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Wallaceburg Ontario Canada
Hi everyone,

My name is Emile Cooper, and I'm from a little town in Ontario, Canada called Wallaceburg. I'm about to be a smoker (wife bought me one for Fathers Day), so I'll be looking to the site to guide me through the way. I have a really good technique to do ribs on the BBQ, but can't wait to try a slab in the smoker.

I raced motocross for a few years, but gave that up because I'm just too old and fat for that now. I stay in tune with the sport now through photography. I travel near and far to photograph the races, and have built a relationship with IMX and Inside Motorcycles magazine up here in Canada. I'm married with 2 kids (who all love my ribs). I hope to be quick learner in the fine art of smoking, and will share my experiences along the way.

Emile.

Welcome to SMF Emile. You can find lots of info and recipes here. I suggest signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it contains lots of good info and is free. If you don't find what your looking for or have other questions just ask. Check out the 3-2-1 method for Spare Ribs and the 2-2-1 method for Baby Backs. Have Fun and Happy Smoking

welcome!

your did the right thing by joining this sight, there is truly a wealth of knowledge here, im new to the art and have learned alot from here and I know you will to.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

feel free to ask away with the questions, you will get lots of expert advice

Great to have ya! No dumb questions in this place. You'll have the best of best to help you along!

Welcome to the SMF, a place where friends come to share. Thanks for the nice introduction. I'll be looking forward to your next smoke.

Welcome to the forum , you found a great place right here , I tell ya what
icon_smile.gif

I got close to a couple dozen relatives scattered around that province you call home and the rest of that great white north country
icon_smile.gif

Ever been to Unadilla in NYS ?

Any who , welcome
cool.gif

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I can't wait for Sunday to try my hand at smoking. I think I'll do a rack of baby back ribs for the maiden voyage.

I've been doing a bit of reading and looks like I need to get myself a good digital thermometer to go with the smoker.

Squid if your gonna do baby backs I suggest you scan over Jeff's How To's on 2-2-1 Ribs follow it and they should come out great. Good luck and Happy Smoking

Welcome to the site Squid! Great photos, you take a mean pic. I cant wait until you put that photography experience to use on some great Qview!!
Hey have you ever heard of a little town called Chesterville?? I have a lot of relatives there.
Anyways..welcome.

Great pics Squid , my wife and I went there once several years ago , it was a little wet that year , we didn't even try to climb down that gravity cavity hill
eek.gif
Had a blast watching though
cool.gif

That 2-2-1 method should be a great start for you and those ribs , little spray ( girls spritz
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
) and foil after you see a little pull back from the ends of the bones , adding a little more of your spray into the foil to kinda steam them . Lot's of options for spray , just use a light mist of whatever sounds good. Have fun
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky