A few pics of what we did last weekend...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigpen

Original poster
May 5, 2010
Alabama
We had a fundraiser for my wifes church youth group and they sold 68 shoulders. We fired the pit at 8pm thursday and cooked till 8am saturday. These were cooked fat and naked(fat cap still on and no rub)
b4e3ce4b_vbattach24831.jpg

68bc1500_vbattach24832.jpg

Great cause
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I'm sure it was fun we did one awhile back with about that many butts except we had to rub them all.

Some of the buyers were older and didnt need the extra sugar and salt so we just didnt dress any of them. We cooked them all on this pit in 2 cookings. It ate a ton of fuel to cook that much meat.

Yes we did, we had to jockey the meat around every 3 hrs or so. I am adding some tuning plates to help with that next time.

Nice set-up you had there. Did you have a lot of company for the overnight smoke?

When you do pork for fund raisers, how do you price the end product? You do sandwiches? Any sides? What do you charge? How much meat do you put on each plate?

Me and Danny were there both days and had several people stop in during the nights to chat. Butts were presold at $25 each and I cooked plenty of extras. I smoked them in the parking lot of my wifes restaurant and she sold plates/sides inside. Each plate gets 6oz of pulled pork, 5.5oz of each side, 2 oz of sauce on the side, and 2pc white bread(the cheap kind not the round top we use in the restaurant). Plates were $5.99.

Damn that looks awesome.
thank you for the portion size and pricing break down.
points.gif

WOW !
Great Job ! ------------->>>
points.gif

Amazing that you can get 34 Butts through the danger zone at one time. My MES is lucky to get 2 through there.

Thanks for showing,
Bearcarver

Unless you are running really hot most cookers will not bring any pork shoulder through the danger zone in the HD alloted 1 hour time thats why we take it past the safe zone for extended periods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky