4th of July!!! Any plans, new toys?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We are going to a family members home for a get together and they informed us that we are catering the meal from a local BBQ restaurant, I offered to smoke the meat for the group but they refused lol, I may take my own pp.  

42.gif
Gonna pool party it up on AMERICA day!
42.gif

3 racks of baby backs, one naked w/S&P only, some ABT's and smoked jerk chicken wings.  Throwing a pan of Dutch's beans on the smoker as well, going to blow some peoples minds with those!  

Washing all that down with some home brew.
cheers.gif

I'm getting my smoker ready now for a few shoulders on Friday! Added 24" of tuning plates instead of the flipped grate.

ruqa9ute.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

got my Ivation wireless remote thermometer yesterday,   hopefully a brisket or pork butt on Saturday.

Making a pulled pork tomorrow, did some Smoke Wings and a London Broil, London Broil didn't make it. It just looked so good we ate it LOL.

Wings

These are all first for me on my MES 40, hope the pork comes out as nice.

Have a Happy and safe 4th

Thinkng of putting a pan of beans under my pork shoulder. To cook plus catch dripping. Make a cowboy beans with a ill smoke flavor. Anyone ever try this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dieseldoberman...haven't tried that, but was planning on doing the same thing for a annual BBQ I host later this summer.  Would like to know how it works out when you try it.  I was also going to layer slices of bacon over my pork for the first 2-3 hrs when I try it as well to try and infuse some bacon flavor in it.

In almost exactly 24 hrs I'll be firing up to do two butts, 10 lbs of rib tips, and some twice smoked taters.

Just fired up the wsm with brisket and the gmg for butts! Overnighting it for tomorrow, once I pull the butts corn on the cob will take its place til chow time! Happy 4th everyone!

Brisket just got put into cooler, butts are sitting at the dang stall, hoping to power through or else I'll wrap shortly. Also threw on a breakfast fatty and transferred everything to gmg since I'll be running around the next few hours.

Things going almost as planned except didn't plan on our first hurricane of the season. just picked up the pig  might have to push back starting it a few hours. but after that sunshine all day. 

I bought a couple of pork butts today and cut all the meat from the bone.  I love pulled pork but I just don't want to do a long cook this weekend.  Every once in a while I do this and slop the meat down towards the end with my homemade sauce for a good caramelization/bark.  Along with it, some ABTs and a pot of cowboy beans.  Did this a couple weeks back and couldn't wait to do it again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky