3lb pork loin roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I have a 3lb pork loin roast - the ones that look like a brick. my plan is 225 to it of 138.

Im thinking this will only take about an hour or two? thats the question.

i just cooked one of those. i used Jeff's rub, scored the fat cap and I'm going to add a strawberry balsamic reduction on top when served. i took mine to 152 IT because grandma hates pink pork.
The reduction i got from Jeff (site owner) its 10 oz of strawberry jam and 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar in a small pan reduced and drizzled over top the meat.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

With a short cook, 2 hours at 225, there won't be much color on the meat. I would lower the smoker temp, 180°F, and Smoke to an IT of 110. Rest 15 minutes, then Sear it on a screaming hot Grill to an IT of 130 °F. Rest 15 to 30 minutes while the IT rises to about 140. All in, 2 hours should get 'er Done...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky