2017 Fattie Contest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pictures Pictures

The FPP smoker.

The fire box has a pid running a fan that you can see in top corner. The pid is in a box on front of trailer that I did not get a pic of.

Loading the Fatties.  That's Rock star in front.

A couple of Michiganders Kurt ( in the green)Crystal and Walt

some fatties getting ready to put on.

Loading the fatties

33 fatties

Ready to take off

Don't they look good

I think at least 90 Lbs

Kurt made venison and elk sliders. These are the venison sliders

Venison burgers about done elk burgers just onto the right. ( sorry bad pics)

The sliders were top notch.

The pork producers made a brisket and burnt ends from the point.

Allso a couple racks of ribs to munch on.

Some ABTs

There will be more.

Last edited:
Yes that apple fattie was one of the few I tried and it was very good. I didn't even try my own fattie.

Wanted to say thank you again for inviting me to your event and I had a great time.  Meet some good people and learned alot, not to mention got to try some great fatties and learn some tips.  Appreciate all your hospitality Scott, look forward to being part of next years event if possible.

Awesome! Glad you guys enjoyed it Belleville! I hope you'll come out and enter next year. Sorry I didn't get to talk to your more I was being pulled in a million different directions. We had a a lot of new people come out this year so that helps it grow. I don't know what time you left but it went on pretty late.

We've already been talking about making some improvements for next years contest. The contest next year is the first Saturday in June so mark your calendar and enter a fattie.

Crushed some leftovers from the fattie contest dinner. I didn't eat at all Saturday with the exception of a few bites of different fatties and the brisket we pulled after midnight.

Pork topped with southern slaw, dingers brisket, and some of stans beans did the trick last night! Wish I would have made a plate Saturday!

More pics.  This was a great party.  I got to meet new SMF members and we had a blast.  There was too much food but it all was good. There was no way you could just try everything and eat dinner too.  I missed out on walts cinnamon spiced apple baklava fatty.
hissyfit.gif
  I did want to try that.  Scott and Crystal are the best hosts you could ask for.  Every year it gets better and better.

Here are the rest of the pics I took.

Jokensmokens set up.  Walts adding coal to it. The smoked chuck is in there.

Some of the finished fatties

The winner of the Hog.

The looser.

The flat from the brisket Scott did.

People pics

Food pics.

The only fire pic I took.  It normally is much larger.

The important question is... who's going to start this weekend attempting to perfect next years winning fatty [emoji]9757[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]
was just talking to a lady at work. Telling her we have to go next year.. showing her some of the pics. Told her that her husband and myself will have to bring it next June. Lol

:second: [emoji]11013[/emoji][emoji]11013[/emoji][emoji]11013[/emoji][emoji]11013[/emoji][emoji]11013[/emoji][emoji]11013[/emoji] your pic from 2018 lol

Last edited:

I'm not crying about another day of leftovers!

Jokens chucky ends, the smoked thighs pulled, stans beans, southern slaw, and the dill pasta salad that i need the recipe for!

Not too many, not to few but if you'll notice in the pic of me loading some charcoal to my little smoker there is a beer and solo cup within easy reach
Lol

Walt

Last edited:
Oops! Forgot to mention the Wonder Dog! She's waiting for hers! Lol

I had two fattie ideas going into this year. I'm not sure I'll enter next year because I'm so busy on competition day. But if I can get a few things done earlier in the week, and delegate a few more things I might give it a go. I have a few ideas that should help me streamline things next June.

So yeah I have an idea. The one I switched the day before this year I'll use next year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky