2016 South Florida Gathering (6th Annual) November 4th-6th PICTURES ADDED

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
what about Don (OrlandosmoKing) ... anybody heard from him ?? is he and his gang coming ??

OHHHHHHHHH DONNNNNNNN

Also I agree with Doug.... don't feel like you have to cook enough for the whole group ... just cook what you want.. if you want to share then share.. if you want to keep it for yourselves then do that.. no grudges are held... it's all about having fun .. not what you can bring to the table ...

Its good to know, Im new the the smokin family and as such, Im not set up to travel with my stuff. So I was thinking I would bring what I need to put hair poppin edges on knives in a earn my keep kinda gesture. Im looking forward to meeting everyone and learning alot.

Wayne

Wayne... now I'm up for that.. my knives are so used and abused... you might need a 80 grit grinder to get started on mine... :biggrin:

Knife sharpening would be a great demo.. everybody needs it sooner or later...

Last edited:
Wayne... now I'm up for that.. my knives are so used and abused... you might need a 80 grit grinder to get started on mine...
biggrin.gif

Knife sharpening would be a great demo.. everybody needs it sooner or later
Funny you should say that, an 80 grit diamond stone is where I start if the edge is trashed.

Its good to know, Im new the the smokin family and as such, Im not set up to travel with my stuff. So I was thinking I would bring what I need to put hair poppin edges on knives in a earn my keep kinda gesture. Im looking forward to meeting everyone and learning alot.

Wayne
I think you just got a job for the Gathering @TripleQ   haha! I would love tips and tricks for keeping a good edge on my knives and sharpening and honing techniques! 

D
Cool Steve i'll update Page 1 with the stuff your bringing! 

I'm planning on arriving 1-2pm Thursday as well. 

Doug, I'll be cooking some marinated chicken legs Thursday night, marinated pork loin Friday night. These are not on the schedule.

I just watched Stephen raichlen do a cured turkey (turkey ham) on his tv show. I may try that on saturdays turkey.

:yahoo::grilling_smilie::sausage:

Just let us know what ya would like us to bring , last time we brought  ice, paper  products , chips & cleaning stuff .........Drop me a message 

Ill be ready for some relaxation by the time the gathering gets here. Been some crazy months lately. I am still not sure what I am going to bring and make. Looking at the sous vide brisket for Saturday and possibly a few other new things the other nights. It really depends on what equipment I end up bringing. I am going to approach a neighbor about a smoker he is selling. Maybe he will let me bring it to test it out before buying.

But as said before. If there is something you want me to demo, let me know. Ill be happy to show anything I can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky