2016 South Florida Gathering (6th Annual) November 4th-6th PICTURES ADDED

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Craig.. that's awesome... that's one of the purpose's of the gatherings... to inspire... along with learning new techniques ... which I'm still doing...

Its a really great time and great people! We really hope to see all the old faces and a bunch of new ones!

I am working on something new for Saturday night. I may need the assistance of someone who can weld to help build something.....

What is the thoughts of doing something like last year where we don't do major productions of snack sticks or other items, but maybe small little seminar type events? If that is a direction people would like to go, lets put out some areas of interest, so we can build it into the meals for the weekend....

I like it! I was going to do a demo of using the A-Maze-N smokers for cold smoking and if the weather is cool enough we can do some cheese! 

Learned so much last, can't wait to learn more this fall. John learned so much that he upgraded this smoker. Sold original, made one from a Weber and was gifted another. Now I am not the only cook in the family.

Learned so much last, can't wait to learn more this fall. John learned so much that he upgraded this smoker. Sold original, made one from a Weber and was gifted another. Now I am not the only cook in the family.
That's great to hear Carol!

Wife has one question, will Tacoma be there?
LOL.....hmmm she is a PITA the camp with when she has to be on the leash all the time...let me think about it.  Maybe as long as i have dog sitters :)

Last edited:
Just the mention of " dog sitter" and the site goes dormant. We will have our camp dogs Carly & Baily there again this year. They are very handy at cleaning up any left overs. Carly will be good as long as she can find a chair that suits her.

LOL! I'll bring tacoma! 

Sorry i've been a little quiet lately on this thread been super busy with work and side stuff. Gonna start getting the first post updated with meals, plans and show-n-tells soon! 

Hope everyone has been doing well!

John tried a brisket on his egg knockoff last night and was so impressed that he plans to bring one to gathering. Real learning curve on this smoker, holds heat extremely well and cooks in much less time than all recipes.

John tried a brisket on his egg knockoff last night and was so impressed that he plans to bring one to gathering. Real learning curve on this smoker, holds heat extremely well and cooks in much less time than all recipes.
That's awesome Carol! And that will be great to have a brisket at the gathering!

I have the gathering on my calendar for sure! I can bring sandwich meat again if you'd like, and I'll have my tall mini there to cook whatever fri, sat, maybe even Thursday! It'll be just me and my tent again, so hoping I can find a spot to share with someone.

Was just checking the reservation list... There's still sites available that are close to the gathering site.... get em now before they are gone... site 85, and sites 133-136 are still open ...

Reactions: floridasteve
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky