2013 SOUTH FLORIDA GATHERING (THIRD ANNUAL GATHERING) NOV. 8-10TH COME JOIN IN..............

Discussion in 'Events' started by dougmays, Mar 22, 2013.

1. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Dave... that would be great... a cheap $1.99 Styrofoam cooler would work.. straight from the freezer....

2. dougmays

dougmays Limited Mod Group Lead

i have 2 in my freezer i was gonna bring but at that price its hard to beat! let me know either way

3. jckdanls 07

bring em Doug.. more the better... everybody can carry some sausage home....

4. dougmays

Done...just didnt know if we wanted to spend to many hours grindin' meat :)

5. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

Keith, what is the weight capacity of your smokehouse?:sausage:

6. jckdanls 07

hell Dave... I dunno... it's gonna be 3x3x7... but we have all weekend and then some to cook it... so we can do 2-3-4 rounds....

7. jarjarchef

jarjarchef Master of the Pit OTBS Member

How many pounds are you looking at making?

8. jckdanls 07

I don't have a set number, Jar.... after making some at the NFL gathering and tasting that... I couldn't get enough to bring home.... After everybody gets a taste of these it will be the same way... just wanna make sure we have enough for everybody to take some home... as I said before, mainly the snack sticks (for me)....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  9. jckdanls 07

just talked to Bill (SmokedApple) today.. he's gonna try to get around and get reservations this week and chime in here....

10. I'll be bringing another grinder and a stuffer. If I can get the time to finish my smokehouse, I'll bring it.

11. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

Are we doing sticks with pork? Or are we going to come up with some beef?

I just defrosted my freezer and cleaned some old stuff out of it to make some room for meat shopping this weekend!

12. jckdanls 07

was thinking just pork... I know we made some with a venicin, pork mix... but I thought we also made some with just pork... there was no beef.... I know Rick gave me a couple packs of pork and jalapenos SS...

13. jarjarchef

jarjarchef Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If my FIL takes a deer before the gathering I'll bring all that I can. We shall see what he does.......

14. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

I've never had straight pork snack sticks but I'm game for anything!

15. dougmays

ill poll some of my friends and see if i can get some venison as well...

16. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Go team Go...............

[​IMG]
    Straight pork snack sticks are awesome...... Pork rules..........................[​IMG]

17. We've stayed at Hammock State Park with our campers before. Mega racoons and other animals at night and we had a screened room attached to our trailer. I think you can see that from my pic. Good site during the day. I sold the trailer though. Would love to get into the comps with you guys.

18. jckdanls 07

well come on over then Dave.... come spend the day with us... I went to the park in July on a recon mission to check it out for this gathering... I left garbage out for a couple of nights and didn't have any problems with critters.... guess I should have played the lottery that weekend being that lucky.... but anyways... grab a tent and come camp with us... or just come for the comp day....

19. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

More meat to smoke.......................[​IMG]

20. dougmays

LOL...i can bring my little varmint shooter .22 and we can make some 'coon sausage!