2 chamber Reverse Flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Honestly, I usually do a pie vent underneath and a slider vent at the far end, I just know builders that use this style a lot and they like the threaded rod, I believe they want each vent independently control able. They alway put them on both sides at the bottom.

I got a little done today,I installed one of the smoke stacks.

First I cut an opening 4"x 8" and used a  4 x 8 joint of pipe so

I can have a warming box on top of the fire box.

As you can see here I had to tie half of the pipe into the

plenum/duct. I did size the duct in reference with a ductulator

for proper sizing from 5" round ( or octagon)

I got a little done today,I installed one of the smoke stacks.

First I cut an opening 4"x 8" and used a  4 x 8 joint of pipe so

I can have a warming box on top of the fire box.

As you can see here I had to tie half of the pipe into the

plenum/duct. I did size the duct in reference with a ductulator

for proper sizing from 5" round ( or octagon)

Ok another 6 months goes bye..... I have done some work in that time but was having computer troubles. I lost alot of the pictures I took (cell phone troubles, I'm batting a thousand! LOL).

Anyway, I'm back to working on my smoker and hopefully can finish it up by Springtime, it's only coming up on 2years I've been working on it. Well since last post I've finished the dampers for the firebox, and made the warming box on top of the firebox. Also I had to do a little more to the stand it all sits on (extra safety precaution).

I do have some pictures to post but I'm having no luck down loading them , computer went in the shop to fix and they stripped it down so to say. I'll post pictures when the wife works that bugs out for me.

So, Stayed tuned! I'll be looking to complete this thing over the next couple months.............. So I can see if and how it all works out and so I can start doing some BBQ!

Been plugging away at things, on average I've been doing one night a week for about six hours. She's coming along and I am confident I will finally be smoking on her late spring early summer!

I have pictures of all my work, I just can't  download rite now. I have to call computer doctor and have him walk me through what I need to do to fix the issue. When I post pictures I will walk ya through

how I did each task. But to give you an idea so far I've;

Fabbed and install intake dampers to Fire Box

Fabbed and installed warming box ( above Firebox)

Fabbed and installed extension door to Grill design chamber

Had to square off and reinforce Chest style chamber. When I notched the sides for sliding racks it weakened the integrity of the sides........

Installed internal sections to pipe burners

And last night I fabbed and installed exhaust plenum and chimney setup for Chess style chamber.

Again all and all I'm very happy with where I am on this project and how everything is coming out!

Can't wait to see more pictures, great fabrication skills !

Gary

Pipe burner installed

The burners for both chambers. I'll be testing them in next week so I can install drip pan. I have a friend making me the ventories custom. Pretty cool he's machining them out of solid 3" brass bar!

I hope he's taking pictures of each step........

Gunna be gearing up to pull her out of mothballs. I have to finish , I've put too much in too just walk away! Stay tuned here in the next couple months.............. Any ideas are welcome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky