2 chamber Reverse Flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great, and I am liking the square look vs the round tanks I usually work with may have to give it a go at something similar to yours.

Great work KaizersCall. This is what a custom built back yard smoker should look like! 

Innovation and a lot of work. I like your idea to build a jig to hold elevation and plan dimensions.

You have some good ideas and you're making them your own.

Way too go! You have mad layout skills.

I can't wait to see how you put it all together.

Let me run ya through the lay out n fab of the top of the caps.....

bottom ring 2" with 1 1/2" bends at 35degrees

top is 1 1/2" with 3/4"bends 35degrees

Next for the filler pieces. 2" strip, I marked at 1 1/2" intervals and scribed points 90degrees. Then at the top I came in 3/8" on each side, lined top points with bottom points and scratched each.

As ya can see in marker.

Ok, back to work on this! I've transported the smoker to the Apprentice training center. Here I'll have all the equipment to complete my project, Just as long

as I don't get in the way of Instructors teaching the classes.

First thing I needed to do was make it a stand and put it on wheels so when I'm not working on it I can store it out of the way.

I used 3"x3" 54" long tube steel. I left it short by 8" on length to accommodate the firebox that is gunna be installed fish mouth style. Once I install firebox is installed,I'll add to the stand accordingly to carry all the weight. The smoker is 22" wide, and I added 1" to set it down on 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" tube steel that are spaced 18" apart.

Next was the legs. 4"x4"tube steel, That like the smoker, has been "flavored" by the New England weather!

I used a finishing pad on the grinder, and it cleaned up

in no time at all !(Excellent to know seeing I'll be doing the whole smoker)    

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky