2 chamber Reverse Flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Borrowed a portable welder and it really is not working out to well.

It is not strong enough for heavier metal. But I'm making do with

what I have to do. These welds are definately NOT show piece but they do hold

Hopefuly I can get more done tommorow. I'll keep ya posted.........
welder.gif

KC, evening... You will appreciate the 3/16 thick RF plate..... for improving the welds, spot pre-heat the area 2-300 deg with a propane torch.... the welds will penetrate better.....   Dave

Thanks for the tip! Let me see if I can dig out my mini torch........

One thing that dawned on me yesterday is there is gonna be a break in between the 2 plate sections ( 2 cooking chambers) because of the con troll damper.

I'll probably be looking at adding a pipe burner? To assist in heat control.

Very Very cool. It is obvious to me that we share the same ideas and taste in building cookers. Mine are quite similar to yours. You have better pics though. Can't wait to see the finneshed product.

Gutta be honest with ya Gatewood Iron your builds caught my eye in the planning stage of this build. I have a vertical propane I been using bout 4 years now and love working with it.

But I had to get into the natural fuel cook for the full flavor! the taste is night and day between the two. You may be able to answer my question about the split in my RF plate

because of control damper..........

A small pipe burner might not be to bad an idea if you got room for it. I usually put 2 control dampers in.The push pull type like you have there. One over top the other or side by side. I may have a pic of one in my photo section.

I got a little more done...... I got the second chamber RF plate done. and added a small piece from first chamber to the second chamber RF plate "drip pan"

because there was a gap where the heat/smoke came up into first chamber.....

I'm having a little trouble loading pics.......

Just out of curiosity, what are you using for your insulation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I got it off the pipe cover/Insulators at work. they refer-ed to it as fire blanket. Its the best they had and they said it would work the best for

what I'd be doing. I can try and get actual name of it if ya need.......

They cut it off a 4 foot by 50 foot roll

its 1 1/2" thick

Ok........ A little sheetmetal layout 101 here.

I started acual size and shape of the outer diamiter of chiminey (The octogon in middle highlighted with marker here). From there I  drew the intersecting lines so I could increase bottom

of the cap for overhanging coverage. Next I astablished and prick punched the size and points on those lines.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky