2 chamber Reverse Flow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kaizerscall

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Weymouth, Mass
I've finally found a little time to start my build. I started with a bottom base 62"x 22" 12" deep.

32c576cc_richiesphone189.jpg

Let me bring ya up to date here......

From the base I cut into trough and fabbed a 48"x30" chest style.

I am gonna have fire box on right side. gonna have a drip/water pan act as baffel for control of air flow. Installed a damper to controll

if I want both chambers or either one.

I started on the fire box.Gonna be double walled  and insolated (I have a 5yr old and a 3yr old and when complete fire box will be rite at sholder height for them).

The inner chamber is 22" x 22" 18" high. It's made out of 3/16" black iron. When complete it will be

fishmouth style mounted on right hand side.

As I go I will figure out what lil bells and whistles I can build into this.

GUTTA BACK TRACK...........

I got a little ahead of my self a bit! I rushed things in the begging of this build. The RF/drip pan I origianly fabbed is made out of 14Gage. This is my first build and after reading others builds here

I caught that plate is also used for radiant heat! The pans I already have in place are not welded! So I don't have any welds to cut. Thank God!

The new plates will be 3/16ths. I have a few days off work so hopefully I can get some work done.

I'll post some pics coming up......

Keep those pics coming! This is a crazy awesome build. I want one just like it only maybe a little longer horizontal chamber. I need it to hold a 220 pound whole hog. But other than that... I want one just like this! Very cool. Thanks for posting. Can't wait for more!!

:sausage:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky