15lbs CB and 35lbs BBB (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scpatterson

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 1, 2009
Mcnairy County Tennessee
Well the deed has started. I trimmed and my 3 loins in half and I deboned and trimmed 4 butts for BBB. I also split my butts in half so it would not be so thick and be more the shape of bacon. Was just shy of 47 pounds total. I rubbed the Hi Mountain cure into the meat and massaged it in really good. I then stacked the met really tight together in a plastic meat binand wrapped in a few layers of plastic wrap. We are headed on vac for 10 days tomorrow morning will be abck in 12 days. A friend is coming over to move it around in 5 days....Heres the pics

Looks Great, You must really be craving BBQ...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now thats a way to get your feet wet Chris-what a great start. Enjoy your X-mas vacation.

You're starting to irritate me. You're such an overachiever. You know I'm teasing. But seriously, you leave the country for how many months? Back on the forum 15 minutes after you hit the USA, and hasn't stepped away from the smoker ever since. Now you're leaving on a family vacation. Oh but wait, let me prep 47 pounds of meat...just to make sure you're prepped for the second you get back from vacation.

God bless ya! My wife would be a lot happier of a person if I had 1/2 the drive you did. LOL

Have a great vacation. Can't wait to see how the bacon turns out.

Can we expect to see pictures of some Mickey Mouse pancakes?

Looks like one heck of a start
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Wooooooo Hoooooooooo!
50 pounds of buckboard and 15 pounds of canadian, you are going to need some help getting rid of that, (count me in if your looking).

How big is your fridge, you have a locker?

Going on vacation is not a bad idea for a long cure, eliminates having to look at the little goodies every time you open the fridge for two weeks in anticipation.

Did you order the Hi Mountain, or did you find it somewhere in middle TN?

Have a great time on your vacation!

Awesome start patterson..When i get done with stopping over at pignits-daves-you are next stop...lol...

Rock on brother........
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Man oh Man chris you said you wanted to do some buckboard and some canadian bacon but this is alittle over board ain't it. But thats a heck of a start. I cann't wait for the Qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great start Chris !
Willie will be proud of you.

I can't wait to see the final smoked beauties.

Have fun on your "Wacaaaasion" (that's PA Dutch).

Bearcarver

Well its been 14 days since I put my bacon on to cure. I took it out tonite and did a fry test and it was really good. Just a little salty so i rinsed it real well and soaked in ice water and rinsed and dryed with a towel. I put some fresh cracked pepper on half. I wanted to let it sit to dry for the night and since the tempswill be about 38 tonight I put it in my Plywood smoker to hang over night and dry and will start smoking early tomorrow.....
Here it is all cured up and headed to the smoker for the night to dry and smoke tomorrow.

Well filled the smoker up at 9am. Temps holding perfect at 115 with very little gas being used. Its windy out today but with the cooker inside the box no issues. Ran it staright up to 120 and backed off a little to get what I wanted. Gonna smoke around 9 hours.....

'Bout time you get back Chris !
We've all been sitting here for two weeks waiting !
icon_wink.gif

Looks great so far, but I can't wait to see it nice & browned & ready for slicing & the beautiful piles of sliced wonderfulness (new word ?).

Don't forget the final Qview,

Anxious Bearcarver

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky