Hello all, I recently purchased a cheap char broil offset from CL for $30. Its retails for around $75 at Walmart. Heard lots of horror stories about it BC of leaks and small firebox. Well I managed to create a charcoal basket that fits perfect, and did a test run with some cheap Embers brand briquettes and the minion method. Filled basket to the top and added 6 hot coals in the middle on top, after about 30 minutes the temp got to 275 and flared up, after adjusting the vents for about 45 minutes I got the temp to stabilize at between 226 and 230 for about 4 1/2 hours without touching the vents. It worked so well I was starting to think that my wireless temp gauge was broken lol. This forum helped me alot, I did a ton a reading before I attempted the minion method. Thanks people!