Have been wanting to do some rework on my smoker for awhile. Really needed a second grill for cooking and with the side firebox setup it really took up some space. So I found a neat ready made box out of ¼” plate that needed just a little modification. Connected it to the smoker with 3 sections of 4” x 4” welded together and bolted it in place. Did a couple of test smokes and it seems to come right up to temp and holds at about 240 without an issue. Did rework my heat defection plates inside and seems to be balanced out better then with the side box. Also did a sand down / repaint and clean while I was at it. It stays right inside the drip line of the roof so rain should not be a problem. Last pic is how it was setup before on the trailer before I made a stand for it.