Got inspired to build a smoker to enhance the Treager I've been playing with for a while now. Decided to go with a smaller RF design due to space concerns here at the homestead. Figured this would make a mighty fine small smoker! So I got right down to it. After researching and designing for several days I was ready to go. I had hoped to complete the build in time for the 4th of July holiday, but knocking this out in 2 1/2 days seemed unlikely. Thanks to the folks who came before posting up their builds and experiences, I felt that I could whip out something worthy!! The gas yard had this layin out without a valve so it was the winner! Got it home rinsed it out, refilled, and made the first crucial cut. I was more affraid of getting electrocuted than blowin up! First I wanted to get the "feet" built. Opted for a cart design using some 2x2 tube and some 4"angle iron to interface with the tank. 14" wheelbarrow wheels made for nice mobile option. First I layed out the door. I made the vertical cuts 1st and then bent and welded on the door tabs to help prevent warping. The hinges were completed before the final cuts were made. I used 5/8" bolts as height adjusters on the front legs. My side driveway has a decent slope so I decided to use this setup so that the smokre will still drain even on my hill and yet can still be used on a level surface! Next I started on the firebox. I opted for 10g sheet; the price was right and it wasnt rusty. Wishin I had a plasma cutter tho. My thumb is still numb from that damn angle grinder! Things are getting exciting now! I wanted to get the cart done so I could use it as a stand to do the long welds. My welding skill is position dependant so I try to keep it were I'm comfy OK here is were I went with a different design feature. When I test mounted the firebox I noticed that my initial cut wasnt nice and square so I measured out the new line and was about to cut when I thought that I could use this to my advantage. Keeping the box slightly canted actually might help "funnel" heat into the cooker better, without having to use some sort of baffel inside the firebox to better direct the heat flow as others have described. What the hey Next I tackled the door. Decided to go with a one piece. I reinforced the upper section that will be exposed to all the heat and an adjustable baffle below.