Sausage stuffer help

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by smokinlefty, Nov 4, 2014.

  1. smokinlefty

    smokinlefty Newbie

    I recently purchased an old cast iron stuffer but it is missing a few parts.  It is a a Hibbard Spencer Barlett brand stuffer.  I haven't been able to find any info on parts for this kind of stuffer.  Does anyone know if any of the Chop-Rite parts are interchangeable?  Mostly I need a new tube retaining nut. Any and all information would be much appreciated.
  2. Call Chop-Rite and ask.

  3. c farmer

    c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Have any pics?
  4. smokinlefty

    smokinlefty Newbie

    I'll see if I can get some pictures loaded.
  5. red dog

    red dog Smoking Fanatic

    Pics I have seen look like the Enterprise stuffers. I think Case (dirtsailor2003 has one) and I imagine someone else on here has one. If you can get a measurement of outside thread diameter and thread pitch you might be able to find out if a Enterprise nut will fit. I see some Enterprise nuts on Ebay.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  6. driedstick

    driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Or google it?? but Martin has right Idea and probably the quickest answer 

  7. butcherfamily

    butcherfamily Fire Starter

    For a quick easy replacement, go to home depot or lowe's and look in the sprinkler area. I used parts from there once when I left parts at home.
  8. crazymoon

    crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

    Check out Allied Kenco Supply, they can find parts for some old/rare grinders.

Share This Page