Saturday Ribs on Friday...

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ellymae, Jul 31, 2010.

  1. ellymae

    ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    We have friends coming over today, but we don't have time to cook them today so I did them yesterday...

    3 racks of back ribs, rubbed with Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub, cherry chunks...


    We also went to breakfast yesterday.... yum...



    Awww man,,,, I'm hungary again....
  2. deannc

    deannc Master of the Pit

    Now I'm starving for breakfast......and ribs! lol  Just curious because I haven't done it yet, what method are you going to use to reheat the ribs?  I've tried steaming and microwave for 2 or 3 extra ribs I've had leftover...with mixed results.  
  3. squirrel

    squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

    Yum. Those ribs look perfect. I'm curious to know your reheating method as well. I usually wrap them in foil and toss in the oven.
  4. mballi3011

    mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member


    Man oh Man I wish I was one of your friends that could just pop in and get some food like that Ellymae. Now you did a great job on the breakfast too. But those ribs look to die for. I too would like to know how you re-heated the ribs without them drying out.???
  5. ellymae

    ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Well Mark, you could be my friend and pop in any time but that would be one heck of a drive!

    As for reheating, I usually fiol them and throw them in the oven for an hour or so at 230ish degrees. Nice and slow.
  6. ellymae

    ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Just a follow up - I reheated these at 225* for about an hour and a half. They were wrapped in foil individually, went straight from the fridge onto a cookie sheet, and into the oven that I had just turned on. They probably could have gone a little longer since they were warm, but not hot, and definately not dry.

    I did not add any liquid to the foil, but there probably was some moisture from the condensation after wrapping them in foil after I pulled them off the Egg Friday.

Share This Page