MES Purchase - Replaceable Element?

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by dhole, Apr 13, 2010.

  1. dhole

    dhole Newbie

    After lurking here for a while, I am moving forward with the purchase of a 30" MES. My question is: Did Masterbuilt change model numbers when they made the element replaceable and if so, which models have the replaceable element. If not, was there a running change in existing models and how would one identify it? Bottom line is "How do I make sure the one I am buying has the replaceable element?
  2. ryanhoelzer

    ryanhoelzer Smoking Fanatic

    It might be easier to let us know which particular one you're looking at and someone can tell you if it has the replaceable element. I think the easiest way to tell is there's a removeable plate on the back of the newer models that wasn't there on the older ones.
  3. tjohnson

    tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member


    What Ryan Said....

  4. ryanhoelzer

    ryanhoelzer Smoking Fanatic

    Then on the other hand, anything is replaceable depending on how bad you want/need to replace it..
  5. ecto1

    ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

    I maybe wrong but from what I have seen only the 40 with the 1200 watt is replaceable.
  6. dhole

    dhole Newbie

    I just returned from a field trip to Lowes and Bass Pro. At Lowes, MES 30model # ends with "06" and solid back panel. At BPS MES 30 has rectangular plate on the back and model # ends with 410. Also at BPS 40 with plate and ends with 710. Soooooo. Question is Home Depot $174 model 20070110. Anybody know if it has the back plate? [​IMG]
  7. ryanhoelzer

    ryanhoelzer Smoking Fanatic

    Yep, that's the one I've got and it does.
  8. ronp

    ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    I would call Masterbuilt to be sure. Or, you may just want to spend the extra $ on the 40' from Sam's and get a better unit with better racks etc.

Share This Page