Almost 2 weeks ago I cut a full sized pork loin into 5 chunks to fit into my brine buckets. I mixed up a batch of Pop's brine, injected the chunks, put them into the bucket, covered them up with brine, stuck them in the frig and left them alone until this morning. In each brine bucket I also put a bay leaf, 4 sprigs of fresh thyme, and a single sprig of rosemary. This morning, after getting home from Atlanta, I soaked the loin chunks for around 45 minutes, dried them off really well, then stuck them in the frig to dry a bit more. I figured I'd smoke them tomorrow, but remembered that my bride will be coming back into town from her business trip tomorrow and will want to do a few things. So, I prepped and smoked them tonight. Ready to hit the frig to dry a bit Needing a quick pellicle (not the best way for sure), but it worked out. Then smoked... 120 for 1.5 hours and then bumped to 220 for a quick heat up 145 internal. I used sugar maple pellets for the first time, I must say, I like the color and love the flavor Sample time I'm letting them cool now and will vac pack soon. After they sit for a few days, I'll open them up, slice, and then pack again to freeze.