Cured another batch of BBB because my college kids came home & cleaned out my supply. I used Morton's Tender Quick #1 and dry-cured for 7 days. The bacons were rubbed with black pepper and brown sugar. I decided to soak them for a couple of hours; I normally do this in bowls, but I realized the FoodSaver bags I cured them in would also work well for soaking -- DUH! Here they are in the bath... Did the fry test... I smoked them for 8.5 hours with hickory using the soldering iron-in-a-coffee-can method to smolder the dust. I had a devil of a time during the smoke because we had a blustery storm blow in Friday night, burning the dust at fast rates and keeping temps really low. Worked out just fine in the end, though. I just packaged 9 or so pounds of BBB (well, probably 8 after the weekend consumption...). I was disappointed to find as much fat in some cuts as there was. Most of the cuts were nice and lean, as usual for BBB. Thanks for perusing my post!