HELP. Not sure what they are called but they go into the coal boz to seperate coal.

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by rob sicc, Aug 14, 2014.

  1. rob sicc

    rob sicc Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

    Hi everyone.  I saw these Thick metal 'T' shape items used in a few threads and never made a note of them.  I am thinking now after reading about the minion method and see other techniques people use to make a fire last long, that I may want to get these.

    Does anyone know what I am talking about.

    What i remember is that the person put these 2 'T''s in the coal box facing each other.  this made like a snake of coals.

    The idea is to put the hot coals at the very beginning of the coal box snake.  Then the coals would slowly burn in a serpentine pattern through the coal box.

    Am I making any sense here?  Does anyone know what I'm talking about or did I dream this?

    Some one please help put me out of my misery.  lol

    Thanks in advance!!!!!
  2. jirodriguez

    jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    They are just a form of charcoal basket. You don't have to  have one that fancy if you don't want to. Do a thread search for "charcoal basket" and you will see many variations on the basic concept.
  3. rob sicc

    rob sicc Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

    Thanks.  I should have thought of that.

Share This Page