grill question??

Discussion in 'Grilling Tips' started by lennyluminum, May 2, 2010.

  1. does anyone know what they call the flat iron thing that you put on you grill to blackin meats and fish?? I would like to get one for my grill but i dont know what they are called or where to get one.
  2. rbranstner

    rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

    I'm not sure what you mean.
  3. daddyzaring

    daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

  4. captsly

    captsly StickBurners

    I just use a cast iron griddle. They can be bought at Academy or other big sporting goods stores.
  5. scubadoo97

    scubadoo97 Smoking Fanatic

  6. mysticalman

    mysticalman Fire Starter

    Its called a grill press. If you want to do the same thing for cheap use a paver brick and tin foil.
  7. Low And Slow And It Will Have Plenty Of Grill Marks And Blackining , I Found After 6-10 Hours Its Perrty As It Gets
  8. yes this is exactly what i am looking for thanks!!!
  9. daddyzaring

    daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

    You're very welcome, glad I could help.[​IMG]
  10. crown225

    crown225 Fire Starter

    how does this griddle blacken the meat

    looks like a nice add-on for bacon and eggs
  11. mossymo

    mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Hhmmm, smoked pancakes......
  12. get it real hot but some blacking magic on the meat and throw iy on
  13. crown225

    crown225 Fire Starter

    one more question

    what is blacking majic

    I checked out the griddles today at the local BBQ store, very nice put pricey

Share This Page