It makes me more than happy to say that the first round of Goteborg Summer Sausage was a big hit, and was devoured in record time. What that means, however, is that I am OUT of the stuff, and I like it a lot. That said, today, another 15 lb batch was started, with slight modification to the original recipe. I slightly increased the ground mustard, slightly increased the garlic powder, and slightly increased the Fermento and Dextrose. In order to make things easier to handle and also to help insure a more even blend of spices and cure, I generally make things in batches of 5 lbs. That means I measured out 3 rounds of spices, and mixed up 3 equal batches. Additionally, I always add the cure first to the meat, and dissolve it in about 2 tablespoons of cold water to help facilitate getting it dispersed evenly into the meat. Spices (minus cure): Got 15 lbs of sausage all mixed up, and resting in the fridge for the night. After work tomorrow, I'll get them stuffed, and then get to smoking. In the photo below, it's in the stainless bowl on the left. At the same time, we made up a 15 lb batch of Jagdwurst, which is in the two stacked bowls on the right. Yeah, it's going to be a long weekend... but a tasty one! This will be stuffed into 2 1/2" x 20" fibrous casings, and smoked with hickory. I'd thought about changing to oak, but I know the hickory imparts a great flavor, so I'll stick with a good thing.