I decided to make buckboard bacon. I am not sure what type of pork roast I used but it came out pretty good. I decided to make two different recipes so that I could experiment with different flavours. I cut the bone out and butterflied the roast. I forgot to take pics of the initial roast. Recipe #1 ( dark coloured pork) 603 g of pork 9.1 g of salt 3 g CBP 61g of molasses 1.1 g pink salt Recipe 2 ( lighter coloured pork) 1012 g of pork 62 g of maple syrup 1.9 g pink salt I kept the meat in cure for 10 days and air dried for two days in fridge to form the pellicle. The picture above is after curing and drying in my bar fridge. The pictures above are finished drying, in the smoker and after being smoked. I used two pans of cherry wood. I then let it set for 24 hours in the fridge. Them I cut it, had some for breakfast and portioned it. I liked both recipes, probably could have used less molasses. I think I like the sweetness level around the 5% range. Also, this tasted more like ham, which, IMHO is not too bad. If I had to pick a favourite out of these I would pick the maple syrup recipe. I am surprised though, I couldn't really detect maple flavouring only the sweetness from the syrup.