Thanks for the tip! I will try that. I glued some flat heat rope onto the lid on the sides and back and it seems to be holding. I used a couple of bolts and washers to hold it in place. It was not thick enough though and a little smoke still gets through. I did order the thicker rope like you use and was going to try to glue it on as well. I like the foil idea. I will try that first. You didn't mention if you also tried to seal the sides. I get a lot of smoke escaping from the sides. I carefully knocked them in a bit with a 2x4 and a hammer and now have less leakage there. I'm going to try to put the thicker rope on the sides and see if that seals them once and for all. If it works, I may put a few bolts and washers in here and there to hold it up. I'll post here if it works.