I started with an 8.5 Lb loin. Trimmed some fat off but not much. My shoebox size containers will accept 1/2 a loin so I cut them in half. Rubbed them Mortons Sugar Cure. One of the halfs got a dose of real maple syrup a friend had given me. Into the fridge for 7 days and turning every 2 or 3 days. Then I rinsed both off and soaked in cold water for about 1/2 hour while I got the bradley up to 130*. Pat dried the loins and into the smoker they went. With the dampers wide open it only takes about an hour for a nice sticky (pellicle) to form. Then I put the smoke on for 6 hours. After the smoke I cheat a little and put them in the oven at 180* with a temp probe in one. Set the oven to turn off when the internal temp reaches 150*. I then take them out wrap in foil and place in the fridge to cool. Next day I slice and package. Here's the Qview. Cured and on racks for smoking After the drying the smoke begins About half way done After cooling and ready for slicing Vacuum packed and ready for the freezer Hope ya'll like em, thanks for lookin' p.s. Just started a belly will be ready next weekend.