Second batch following Pop's recipe (Thanks Pops!) I did add a few red cayenne peppers to it. I injected brine this time and totally forgot about that when I rinsed off the brine prior to smoking. I did soak in pure cold water for an hour and I did not do a test taste. The first batch came out great, but injecting added a good bit of salt that I did not consider. I might need to rethink that part next time. Any way, the loins cured for 10 days then air dried for 1. 2 hours cold smoke of oak & cherry, I forgot I had hickory in the truck. 4 more hours smoking at 150 then slowly up to 225, pulled at 150. With the extra salt in these pieces, I will save them for beans, soup and jambalaya and adjust accordingly. Overall I am happy and learning as I go, much better than the store bought stuff! Oh well, back to the game. Go Spurs Go!