Earlier last week I needed to get started with the cure process for some venison dried beef (another thread I will post as I finish it up). Well I pulled a couple extra roasts out as long as I was at it. These I had initially planned to add to the cure, but with most of 25 pounds curing these got set aside for a brine. I started by soaking these three in cold water to bleed them out a bit first. Then set up my brine which consisted of salt, brown sugar, molasses, thyme, black pepper, lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire, bay leaves, garlic, and onion powder. I put the meat in my brining tub added the brine and added additional water to cover completely. I placed it in the fridge over night. This morning, I fired up the smoker with cherry wood for smoke at 225-250. I placed the meat in a strainer in the sink for a few minutes to drain off extra moisture from the meat before putting it on the smoke. I took the meat to IT 152 which took about 5 hours due to the windy conditions today. Finished product straight off the smoker After a little while to rest, I had to make a test slice. Mighty tasty. Will refrigerate overnight, then slice and pack for snacks.