Beef Cut Question

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by timstalltaletav, Oct 19, 2014.

  1. I usually make my beef jerky with London Broil. A few years ago I got a big piece of beef that was probably 10+ pounds. I asked the butcher at the time what it was called and he just told me it was an uncut piece that they cut London Broil from. I'd like to get another piece like that again but that butcher isn't around anymore.

    Does anyone know what the cut that they cut London Broil from is called. I'm basically looking to get that piece of meat before it's cut into "steaks".
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. bearcarver

    bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

    London Broil is actually a Cooking Method-----not a cut of beef.

    But, many grocery store meat departments and butcher shops sell a cut of beef labeled London Broil.

    I believe it is usually Flank Steak or Top Round Roast.


Share This Page