12 Hours?!?!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by nick, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. nick

    nick Meat Mopper

    Last night on the FoodNetwork, a FAMOUS BBQ house said they smoke their ribs ( I think they were St. Louis Style spares) for TWELVE HOURS at 240 degrees. How can that be? Didn't see any "foiling" going on either.
     
  2. That's just something they tell the camera's to impress people that don't know any better (95% of the Population), and to not tell the other 5% what they're doing (keeping it secret).

    Anyone that would smoke ribs for 12 hours, obviously fell asleep (not that I've ever done that).
     
  3. smokebuzz

    smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

    ya, un till the guy down the street cooks his ribs on a ECB for 12 hrs and brings some to you to try, hold a straight face for that one. I got one that does that, and another that cooks his over a grill full of hot coals for 2 hrs, i send them to each others house to discuss their fabulas process's.
     
  4. capt dan

    capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

    HAHAhahahaha, Thats is halarious buzz![​IMG]
     
  5. cinnamonkc

    cinnamonkc Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

    I saw that too. And Guy Fieri actually asked him..."12 hours??"
    And the BBQ person said yes, 12 hours at 225.
    I was shocked too.
     
  6. nick

    nick Meat Mopper

    I'm thinking what Fastball is thinking. I think that's a bunch of crap. I guess they don't want you to know the secret to great ribs that you can do yourself......oops! too late !!!
     
  7. ronp

    ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

    Tell them the boiling for 1 hour trick also. Makes good bean soup.
     
  8. iadubber

    iadubber Meat Mopper

    [​IMG][​IMG]
     
  9. dennisdocb

    dennisdocb Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

    Liar...Liar..pants on fire[​IMG] My dog wouldn't even eat them if I cook um that long...And my dog eats chair cushions..(experience here)[​IMG]
     
  10. Nick I saw that episode also and was like " there is now way?"

    Those ribs really didn't look to great either!!!
     
  11. krusher

    krusher Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

    that wouldnt even be classified as jerky, but you could probably use them in your firebox
     
  12. lcruzen

    lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

    Didn't see the show but don't buy the 12 hrs either. However on the foiling front I think it would be very difficult to foil ribs in a commercial operation. All I've seen don't and many backyarders don't either.
     

Share This Page